At Recipes From the Kitchen, we can relate with hard working folks who are go, go, go all day and don't feel like cooking dinner when they get home from work! We enjoy cooking tasty meals that yield enough food to provide lunches or leftovers throughout the week.
This easy lentil soup recipe is one of the healthy, vegetarian lentil soup recipes that is not only delicious and good for you, but it can also save you time on meals for several days throughout the week. Serves 8+.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
EASY LENTIL SOUP RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 4 Cups of Green French Lentils (Beluga Lentils also go well with this recipe)
- 2 Large Yellow Onions, finely chopped
- 5 medium sized peeled carrots, chopped
- 2 28oz Cans of Crushed Tomatoes in a Thick Puree
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 3 Cups of Fresh, Chopped and De-veined Kale
- 4 Cups of Water
HEALTHY LENTIL SOUP RECIPE COOKING DIRECTIONS
- In a large pot, bring 12 cups of water to a boil
- Once the pot has come to a boil, add 4 cups of Green French Lentils and let boil for 20-25 minutes or until lentils become tender
- While the Green French Lentils are cooking, chop the Yellow Onion and Carrots
- Strain the lentils once they're finished boiling
- After straining, wipe out the large pot and sauté the onions, carrots, garlic and salt until tender
- Add the Crushed Tomatoes and Lentils to the large pot and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through
- De-vein the fresh Kale and chop finely, add to the pot
- Let the Healthy Lentil Soup Recipe simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes before serving
This healthy easy lentil soup recipe is simple to prepare and is sure to satisfy! Each ingredient provides incredible texture to the easy lentil soup recipe. Even though this dish is vegetarian, the lentils are a great source of protein and also fill you up!