Looking to spice up your homemade mashed potatoes recipe? Add a little garlic, butter and green onion to the mix! Our easy garlic mashed potatoes recipe packs loads of flavor and turns ordinary potatoes into a favorite side dish! Serves 4-6 .
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 5 Green Onions
- 3-4 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter or Vegetable Oil Spread (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
Homemade Mashed Potatoes Recipe Cooking Directions
- Peel the skin off of Russet Potatoes
- Dice the peeled Potatoes into small pieces to promote fast softening while it boils
- Rinse diced Potatoes and boil the potatoes in a medium-sized pot for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes soften to the point they can be easily mashed
- Once Potatoes are done boiling, strain the potatoes from the water and put them back into the medium-sized pan
- Add finely chopped Green Onions, Minced Garlic (to taste) and Butter (to taste).
- Mash all ingredients together and add more Garlic or Butter as needed to the preference of your taste buds to create the ultimate homemade mashed potatoes
Now you're ready to serve these easy garlic mashed potatoes as a great complementary side dish! Bring these mashed potatoes to a potluck or a family event and your friends will be asking you how to make the perfect garlic mashed potatoes!